This Privacy Statement sets out, in terms of the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act, what personal information Hugs & Kisses Educare Centre cc (Hugs & Kisses) uses, where we obtain the information and what the information is used for.
Who we are:
Established in 1993, Hugs & Kisses is a daycare and pre-school caring for children from one to five years of age. Our high caregiver to child ratio enables us to maintain a caring, nurturing and stimulating “home from home” environment for children from all cultures and religions.
We are registered with the Health Department of Johannesburg and are in the process of re-registering with the Department of Social Development.
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Regarding the children in our care:
- Names, date of birth, gender, ID number
- Stay with mother / father / both
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of child’s immunisation record (Road to Health card)
- Birthing details, medical history
- Number of siblings
- Details of parents and fee payers
- Names, ID numbers, occupation, addresses, email addresses and contact numbers of both parents.
- Alternate emergency contact numbers.
- Details of your motor vehicles (make, model, colour, registration number) to enable the issuing of a Sunninghill Gardens access stickers.
- Details (ID number and photograph) of other persons allowed to collect your child from school
- Contact details of family doctors, paediatrician and other therapists
- Covid 19 health, travel and contact information relating to your child and persons in your household as may affect your child, as required by the Hugs & Kisses Covid 19 Protocols, as directed by the Department of Social Development.
How we get the personal information and what we use is for:
All of the required detail is provided by the parents, or obtained when you respond to a survey, fill out a form or interact with us via email, WhatsApp or Facebook. We do not acquire information from any other source.
By signing the application form, the parents consent to us using the information relating to their child.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Enable Hugs & Kisses to better understand and respond to your child’s physical, emotional, social and academic development at Hugs & Kisses. .
- To enable Hugs & Kisses to communicate with parents on matters relating to the school and your child, and to provide emergency contact details.
- To enable us to contact you with regard to the collection of fees, the dissemination of information and newsletters, and other administrative matters.
We do not share this information with anyone else without your permission.
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act, the justification ground which we base our processing on consists of the following:
- The data subject, or a competent person where the data subject is a child, consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent.
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party.
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business.
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject.
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored electronically and hard copy.
Hugs & Kisses keeps your information for the period your child attends our school, and for one year after your child has left the school, provided all your obligations to the school have been fulfilled. When the child has left, your details will be deleted from our files and hard copy forms will be destroyed.
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to email@example.com. We may charge you a fee for this service.
- You may also request firstname.lastname@example.org to correct or supplement any of your personal data which we will undertake as soon as practicable.
- You can request the destruction of your personal data once your child has left the school, provided all your obligations to the school have been fulfilled. Hugs & Kisses will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting Hugs & Kisses from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request
Name: Sue Liebenberg
Address: 11 Mirwani Road, Sunninghil Gardens, Sandton
Phone Number: 011 803 4439 / 066 035 2684
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information at:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za